RantRave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RantRave

Ranter's Haven

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Forum

Go down 
+8
jen71au
ritzy
angelica
Trinity
emmy
IdolGirl
Gabbie
thekid65
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
angelica

angelica

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-07-19

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 6:34 am

I will send Emmy some smilies too..

Seething Turmoil

Seething Cauldron

Seething Mad

Seething Pulse

or

Boiling Point
Back to top Go down
emmy

emmy

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-07-18

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 7:57 am

Boiling Point sounds good!

I like Seething Turmoil...

God, the choices!
Back to top Go down
thekid65

Number of posts : 24

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 8:01 am

I see you ladies have made some decent progress after I left. I like the seething thing. I think it would be cool to work in into an acronym that spells a word that is common on search engines (ie; RADAR, SCUBA), might help draw folks to the board.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Admin
Admin
Trinity

Female
Number of posts : 30

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 3:02 pm

^^great idea. See what happens when you stop whining?
Back to top Go down
https://rantrave.forumotion.com
angelica

angelica

Female

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 7:13 pm

I sent e-mails to everyone I have in my contact list. I have more in my IM list, but my MSN is not working, this is a company computer....but how about Strick, Bossman, Brandy, Grid (or is he not welcomed?) and many more.

afro hahaha...I have the same one, but smoking a doobie.
Back to top Go down
emmy

emmy

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 8:01 pm

This red on dark is really hard to read for me anyways....
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Admin
Admin
Trinity

Female

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 8:33 pm

https://rantrave.forumotion.com/The-Flaming-Pits-c3/Flaming-Rage-f13/Bulletmouth-let-s-finish-itplease-t38.htm

The bulletmouth forum, structured flaming competitions of various types.. I like this idea, as a separate part of the forum.

I want to keep the ranting forums for serious ranting, not one liner "james bland" bullshit.

I think we need a more diverse forum than what we had. Not necessarily complicated, just more diverse. I think we need a spotlight on flaming, and call outs, but not necessarily make it the center stage.

I think we need a "safe zone". A place where people can just chit chat, fuck around, and discuss shit. I don't want to minimize this area, I think it's an important part of a forum. It should get as much space as the flaming area, and the rant area. This is the perfect place for those "what are you listening/doing/watching/etc" threads.

I'm not sure about actually having a separate area for forum games. Do forum games warrant their own section? should they be a subforum of something, or just tossed into the safe zone?

I think we need a special interest section. Smallish, nothing too complicated, a place for writing, graphix, gaming discussions.

think format, think content.

The idea here is a forum for US, that fits US, made, and designed by US.
Back to top Go down
IdolGirl
Mod
Mod
IdolGirl

Female
Number of posts : 65

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:24 pm

Forum games, I think, could end up needing their own area in the long run. Things like the word association got to be a hugely popular thread. Plus that would be a great place to put all those things like "what kind of tarot card are you"...it could be a catch all area for those kinds of things. I think it would fare better in it's own area as opposed to lumping it all into the safe zone. Kinda keep 'like' things corralled together, know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
Gabbie

Number of posts : 34

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:43 pm

Games is what kept me coming back to RR when I very first joined. I got to know people doing that in a laid back manner. But they need their own section, maybe tossed in with "What "xyz" are you". The "Fuck off/around" area perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Gabbie

Number of posts : 34

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:46 pm

And I DEFO like a youtube section. That's gotta be carried over for sure.
Back to top Go down
emmy

emmy

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 11:09 pm

I like the games area too, especially when posting is down, it's always a fall back area!

I also think the chitchat area (DRIVELLLLL) is a good idea Trin, away from the ranting. Let's face it, we do ALOT of that.

Great ideas everyone!!
Back to top Go down
thekid65

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 8:51 am

Trinity wrote:

thoughts on contrubuting members?

I'd have no prob with this, assuming it's a similar amount like before
Back to top Go down
thekid65

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 9:44 am

Trinity wrote:
https://rantrave.forumotion.com/The-Flaming-Pits-c3/Flaming-Rage-f13/Bulletmouth-let-s-finish-itplease-t38.htm

The bulletmouth forum, structured flaming competitions of various types.. I like this idea, as a separate part of the forum.

I want to keep the ranting forums for serious ranting, not one liner "james bland" bullshit.

I think we need a more diverse forum than what we had. Not necessarily complicated, just more diverse. I think we need a spotlight on flaming, and call outs, but not necessarily make it the center stage.

I think we need a "safe zone". A place where people can just chit chat, fuck around, and discuss shit. I don't want to minimize this area, I think it's an important part of a forum. It should get as much space as the flaming area, and the rant area. This is the perfect place for those "what are you listening/doing/watching/etc" threads.

I'm not sure about actually having a separate area for forum games. Do forum games warrant their own section? should they be a subforum of something, or just tossed into the safe zone?

I think we need a special interest section. Smallish, nothing too complicated, a place for writing, graphix, gaming discussions.

I'm working on Acronyms and such this am, and I just wanna be clear.. is the main focus of this forum still to be "ranting/bitching"?
Back to top Go down
thekid65

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 10:20 am

I guess that was a bad question.. what I meant was, do we want the name to reflect anger, or being pissed off?
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Admin
Admin
Trinity

Female

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 5:12 pm

We want the name to reflect our ranting, flaming, base natures. Wink

BOTTOMLINE: I have forum software, I have a server, I have a dot com (actually I have two), I NEED THE NAME.

Expected launch date is August 9th, but I need time to tweak the forum templates to add certain things, and I can't load the forum software to the server until I have a forum name, so...

WHAT'S THE NAME? (you really don't want me to have to choose this)
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Admin
Admin
Trinity

Female

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 5:39 pm

Fuck it. I've chosen a name.

thinking on K.I.S.S. principles, I've decided the forum name is simply "Rage".

Should you come up with something you think is better, post it.
Back to top Go down
emmy

emmy

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 7:22 pm

I like.

What about money? Say the word, Trin, you know we are behind 100 percent.
Back to top Go down
ritzy

ritzy

Number of posts : 9

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 8:05 pm

flaming rage
Back to top Go down
jen71au

Number of posts : 2

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 1:49 am

Setthing Rage

Hi guys sorry I'm late
Back to top Go down
double helix

double helix

Female
Number of posts : 22

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 2:23 am

thekid65 wrote:
One thing that bummed me out when Rant was changing shit around was when he shit-canned the individual sections. I used these sections to remember where a particular rant was, or a post i liked, and it made it simple to know where to make a post.

I liked the shortened forum main page though. The little folders that showed the individual sections kinda gave the best of both worlds

Aaaaagreed!
I liked the tech help section. It was very helpful in bringing me up to semi-speed.
Back to top Go down
double helix

double helix

Female

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 2:47 am

I'm always late. Seething Rage
Back to top Go down
double helix

double helix

Female

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 3:03 am

Trinity wrote:

Wow, you have been thinking! You name the contribution amount, I have no problem with that.
Special interest section could include games, science and technology, hobbies and photo forum.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Admin
Admin
Trinity

Female

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 8:00 am

Ok, before you guys go too much farther, I have decided not to use VB beacuase it's server intensive (that's why RR was such a money pit).

I have installed a simple machines forum on the dotcom. SMF boards, for those of you who are unfamiliar, have most of the same options as VB, althought the layout is a little different. It's nav friendly, not nearly as server intensive, has most of the features that we like

SB
Private Forum options
and much more

there are a few differences, and a few features that are not yet available for SMF. New mods come out daily, and I will be watching diligently for upgrades.

The current monthly cost of running Rage is quite manageable. A fraction of running a VB forum. We are currently using a virtual dedicated Linux server, and have adequate bandwidth etc. As the forum grows, it may be necessary to purchase and move the board to a fully dedicated server. This will increase the cost of operations.

Here are the options regarding money:

1. we set a nominal amount (5-10 bucks) as a monthly donation rate from anyone willing to donate, and those funds will go into and stay in Rage's paypal account. This sum will be there should our server fail to meet our needs one sunny day, and I will have ready funds to upgrade.

2. ^same as above, but the funds will be used to promote the site and gain new members now.

3. We wait until things start getting stressed, and then we implement a donation program.

The choice, is entirely yours. I'll be donating monthly either way ya go.

Discuss, do a poll, whatever, and let me know.

PS: demo of an SMF board http://www.flamechampsnetwork.com/forum/index.php?
Back to top Go down
angelica

angelica

Female

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 8:42 am

I frequent a site that charges you for everything: avatars, sigs, even to enter some of their forums. $10.00 a month for full service is nothing. I'm in! cheers

Thank you Trin...
Back to top Go down
emmy

emmy

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 8:51 am

Works for me, I'm in!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum   New Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Forum
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RantRave :: Forum Information :: Announcements-
Jump to: