RantRave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RantRave

Ranter's Haven

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Foo Foo" Parties

Go down 
+2
emmy
Gabbie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gabbie

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-07-18

"Foo Foo" Parties Empty
PostSubject: "Foo Foo" Parties   "Foo Foo" Parties Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:52 pm

This isn't totally Fucked Up, but does irritate me somewhat.

Pampered Chef, Jewelry Parties, Home Interior, Tupperware, etc....parties....I get sucked in EVERY single fucking time.

I went to a jewelry party tonight at my neighbors and by the time I left, I almost signed up to be a consultant. This gal made it look super easy and "look at the money you can make" and blah blah blah. I walk away from each and every one of these "Foo Foo" parties thinking I could seriously do this shit. Then usually hubby steps in and says "but you HATE most people" and that pretty much sets me back on straight.

However....I didn't make it out of there without spending $130 bucks and booking a party for next Febuary. Anyone want to plan a road trip to MO and come to my party? I'm gonna have to go to all kinds of shit this year just so the other person can return the favor and come to mine. It's a vicious fucking circle.
Back to top Go down
emmy

emmy

Number of posts : 45

"Foo Foo" Parties Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Foo Foo" Parties   "Foo Foo" Parties Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 11:17 pm

OMG I feel your pain. I don't do those things, at all anymore.
Back to top Go down
thekid65

Number of posts : 24

"Foo Foo" Parties Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Foo Foo" Parties   "Foo Foo" Parties Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 8:45 am

My wife went to a Body Shop party a couple of years ago. 2 days later, she was spending $300 on a "kit" and became a consultant. This crap is nothing more than a pyramid scheme, only folks at the top make money. Once she had gone through all of her friends, poof...no more parties. Any profit she made, she pretty much spent on more supplies.

It was very irritating.
Back to top Go down
IdolGirl
Mod
Mod
IdolGirl

Female
Number of posts : 65

"Foo Foo" Parties Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Foo Foo" Parties   "Foo Foo" Parties Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 2:15 pm

I've never been one to go to many 'foo-foo' parties. Not that I haven't been invited. I'm just a shit that forgets to show up. And it might be one that I would really have wanted to go to. But I always forget. Which is probably a good thing!!
Back to top Go down
MyWay

MyWay

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-07-20

"Foo Foo" Parties Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Foo Foo" Parties   "Foo Foo" Parties Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 9:20 pm

I am just completely and utterly incapable of foo-foo-ing... i will occasionally bu y a piece of tupperware or Papmered chef for an Xmas gift... but lemme tell you... every cell in my body screams "The fucking Rubbermaid version at WalMart would be just as good!"

i don;t like buying overpriced stuff... and I don;t like party games!
Back to top Go down
Screamer

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-07-23

"Foo Foo" Parties Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Foo Foo" Parties   "Foo Foo" Parties Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 12:20 pm

What about the sex toy parties?!?! Love those, and it's not just about the sex toys . . . it's the lotions and potions =P

My sister is a consultant and she loves it!! She makes money too. The way to get more parties is to HUSTLE!! You gotta promote, get out there and talk it up!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Foo Foo" Parties Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Foo Foo" Parties   "Foo Foo" Parties Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Foo Foo" Parties
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RantRave :: Ranting Forums :: Just Plain Fucked Up-
Jump to: