RantRave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RantRave

Ranter's Haven

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Authorizations and referrals and bullshit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
emmy

emmy

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-07-18

Authorizations and referrals and bullshit Empty
PostSubject: Authorizations and referrals and bullshit   Authorizations and referrals and bullshit Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 10:13 pm

My hubby as you may or may not know is Military. My daughter got referred to a civilian oplamologist and had eye surgery back in April.

The doctor himself totally awesome. His staff? Fucking suck.

Yesterday I had to take her for a two month follow up appointment. We got there early because I wasn't sure of traffic in the tunnel and it's a 45 minute drive to Va Beach from York County.

We get there and the bitch at the counter asks about insurance and shit and if it's the same blah blah blah and then says... "let me check if your referral is still good" and flips some pages in her chart and says... "No, your authoration expired on June 9th"

WTF? Why didn't they tell me when I was standing there making the fucking appointment two months prior in May that I was going to need a new authorization from her Primary Care Doctor who she has seen at least 3 times and I've talked to his nurse more times than I can remember so getting a renewal would not have been a problem.

So I call my insurance company to see if I can get the authorization extended for one visit since we are there already. For some STUPID reason, they said sure they would do it but the doctors office had to call they couldn't just do it for me. Well I knew they weren't gonna do it but I figured I'd ask.

So this cunt calls the office manager, who I've had words with before, who informs me, that my insurance isn't her problem. No she won't call my insurance company. They see 80 patients a day and they don't have time to check every patiends referrals.

What kind of bullshit is that???? They had time to pull the chart. They had time to check the referral when I was fucking standing there.

She then has the audacity to tell me that Amanda can still be seen but under my insurances standard plan and I have to pay the co-pay etc.

Fuck that. We are covered 100%. I am not paying them shit. I told her that too and she could reschedule us.
/rant
Back to top Go down
IdolGirl
Mod
Mod
IdolGirl

Female
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-07-18

Authorizations and referrals and bullshit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Authorizations and referrals and bullshit   Authorizations and referrals and bullshit Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 1:58 am

that is such bullshit !

Next appointment, when it's just you and the doc, I would have a serious talking to with him.

Tell him how unhelpful and rude she is. Maybe he is unaware of how she treats his patients.

If he realizes that her attitude may very well cost him patients, maybe he'll do something about it.
Back to top Go down

Authorizations and referrals and bullshit
Page 1 of 1